Gigabit Wi-Fi, multigigabit Ethernet
Deliver gigabit wireless connectivity and guest access more securely and reliably. Improve your Wi-Fi coverage with a better mobile experience using the latest wireless technologies. The high-performance Cisco WAP581 Wireless-AC Dual Radio Wave 2 Access Point is designed to meet the needs of today’s wireless network and to deliver the best user experience.
Features and capabilities
- Supports 4 x 4, multi-user, multiple-input, multiple-output (MU-MIMO) technology on 5.0-GHz radio and 3 x 3 MIMO technology on 2.4-GHz radio for maximum performance.
- Supports Dual Gigabit Ethernet (2.5 GE and 1 GE) LAN with Energy Efficient Ethernet and link aggregation.
- Provides the Integrated Wireless Spectrum Analysis tool, which detects nearby radio frequency interference for easy troubleshooting.
- Supports both Power over Ethernet (PoE) and AC power with optional external power adapter (adapter sold separately).
- Supports Social Media login for guests (Google and Facebook).
- Offers captive portal that enables highly secure guest access with customized roles and rights.
- Integrated with Cisco Umbrella to help manage security across all wireless devices.
- Works with the new Cisco® FindIT Network Management platform for easy management, monitoring and control your Cisco 100, 300 and 500 Series Access Points.
Specifications at a glance
- Concurrent dual-band radio: 2.8 Gbps on 5-GHz radio, 600 Mbps on 2.4-GHz radio
- Robust security: WPA2, 802.1X with RADIUS authentication, rogue access-point detection
- Wi-Fi Scheduler lets you control Wi-Fi access during and after business hours
- Integrated Wireless Packet Capture tool assists in troubleshooting
- Intelligent QoS prioritizes network traffic to keep critical applications at top performance
- Support for energy-saving sleep mode and port-control features
- Multiple internal antennas allow for installation on ceiling, wall or desktop